Hey! Look! I'm posting!
At 3am. I can't sleep. So, I need to entertain myself. Therefore, I present to you the most random post ever (one of these days, I'm going to do a writing update here!).
Chances are, if you are reading this answer, it is because you are concerned that you or someone you love may have restless legs syndrome (RLS). How many of the questions below are true for you?
- When you sit or lie down, do you have a strong desire to move your legs? Yes!
- Does your desire to move your legs feel impossible to resist? It *feels* impossible, but if I concentrate really, really hard, I can sit still.
- Have you ever used the words unpleasant, creepy crawly, creeping, itching, pulling, or tugging to describe your symptoms to others?
- Does your desire to move often occur when you are resting or sitting still? Nope. I usually describe it as aggravating.
- Does moving your legs make you feel better? Oh, yeah. Nothing better than moving my legs.
- Do you complain of these symptoms more at night? Duh. It keeps me awake. During the day, I can move them without disturbing my sleep.
- Do you keep your bed partner awake with the jerking movements of your legs? Nope, Trey could sleep through the Apocalypse.
- Do your ever have involuntary leg movements while you are awake? What do you mean by involuntary? When I'm sitting "still," I usually move my legs... until somebody hits me and tells me to stop (Mother!)
- Are you tired or unable to concentrate during the day? Not lately despite negative 2 to 3 hours of sleep. Yay for the 2nd trimester!
- Do any of your family members have similar complaints? Hmm. Don't think so.
- Does a trip to the doctor only reveal that nothing is wrong and there is no physical cause for your discomfort? Heh. A trip to the doctor almost always reveals there's something bizarre wrong with me.
If you answered "yes" to a majority of these questions, you may have RLS. Oh no! If you do have RLS, you are not alone! Whew! Up to 10% of the U.S. population may have RLS. 10%, eh? Many people have a mild form of the disorder, but RLS severely affects the lives of millions of individuals. Hmm. I can still function during the day, so I suppose I'm not "severely" affected.
- I learned from Ghostfinder that today is William Shatner's 80th birthday. I'm thoroughly impressed.
- I've seen my book cover! It's the most beautiful and awesome and kickass book cover ever!
- Did I ever mention here that I'm having twin boys? I know I mentioned the twin thing; can't remember if I've posted since we learned they were both boys.
- My legs are shaking are shaking while I'm writing this.
- Anyone watching American Idol? Casey is my favorite, though I wasn't a fan of his performance last week. Nirvana and Casey don't mix well.
- I've had several Real! Life! Authors! read and blurb The Shadow Reader. This makes me extremely happy. Happy as in I want to go around and hug everybody! Authors are awesome and witty and so, so generous with their time. I <3 authors!
P.S. I have a tag for "randomness." This can't be a good thing.